“In the dark grimness of the grim-dark, there is only grim darkness.”
In this episode we talk about playing in existing worlds, including settings created specifically for games (e.g. Forgotten Realms, Warhammer 40K) and those from licensed IP (e.g. Firefly, Star Wars Expanded Universe).
Stuff in this episode:
- Warhammer 40K fluff is epic.
- How is Forgotten Realms like a neutron star?
- How do different creative agendas interact/conflict with established settings?
- How do you play in an established universe without running afoul of “fluff lawyers”?
- Where should you set your campaign within an established setting?
Other relevant links:
- Boxes and Clouds
- Three Small AW Hacks by Dave (AW Lite, AW Steel, AW Noir)
- Community Radio by Quinn Murphy
- The Strange by Monte Cook
(Yes, we realize we’re out of order again. “IPMM 77: Pokemon” will probably be posted after our next AP.)