This is it, folks – the conclusion to our Actual Play of Wheel Tree Press‘ awesome, upcoming game, The Sword, the Crown, and the Unspeakable Power!
We’ve also got a special guest – for most of this episode Jenn Martin, darling of the indie game podcasting world, will be playing the part of Lady Liana!
“This has been ‘Prostate Talk’ with I Podcast Magic Missile.”
In this episode, we talk about social contracts – implied and explicit – in gaming. How do you know what the social contract is? What happens when a player ignores it? What can you do? How you you not be that person?
In this penultimate(!) episode of SCUP, the PCs posture for status as the city’s government falls apart. Who will come out on top?
“Neither of these are left hands!”
In this episode, we discuss:
We then pick apart the new Godzilla movie, in case you didn’t see it in theaters (and good on you if you did not).
Finally, we cover more on the new Warhammer 40K 7th Edition rules.
PK Sullivan has some thoughts on war in tabletop role-playing games, partially inspired by Elle and Dana’s *Souls of Steel*.
Dana talks about Origins 2014, we all discuss upcoming innovations in “traditional” gaming (i.e. D&D5), plus some announcements on where to hear us on other podcasts.
Lots of plotting and planning as the characters take sides following the poisoning of Lord Gaius…
“My wife split into two people (one of which is very small).”
IPMM welcomes the newest member of our family – congrats to Duncan and Wendy on the birth of their first child!
In this episode:
- Joanna tells us about her garden and her contingency plans for the zombie apocalypse.
- Will and Caitlin tell us about the horror that is Uncle Grandpa.
- Dana tells us about her plans for Game Chef - turns out her entry was chosen as a finalist!
- Elle starts learning Warhammer Fantasy.
- We discuss the new Psyker rules in Warhammer 40K and how balanced they are (or not).
- We discuss when a player using corner cases in the rules to exact a mechanical advantage is legitimate and when it’s just cheesy.
- Yanni talks about his newest addiction, Dragon Coins.
- We talk about DLC, pay-to-play, and product placement.
- Finally, we talk about what “freedom of speech” actually means in the context of the internet.
Dana was recently on The Jank Cast, talking about game design and her recent selection as a Game Chef finalist.
Here’s a link to the Jank Cast episode.
Here’s a link to the Game Chef entry, The Three and the Wheel.
- Dana will be at Origins Game Fair in Columbus, OH and will be running Souls of Steel on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday!
- Caitlin’s new project, Embodiment and Integrity, is live!
- Be sure to check out the Glitter Guild at GenCon 2014! They’ll be performing their incredible “nerdlesque” burlesque on Thursday night. There’s another group performing on Saturday, but be sure to make the GG show – you won’t regret it!